On September 1, 2022, Pinduoduo Temu was officially released in the US. You can access it at us.temu.com or search the app store to install the Temu app. According to our testing, us.temu.com is currently only available to visitors with IP addresses in the United States and is temporarily inaccessible to people from other countries or regions.
Screenshot of Temu website
What products is Pinduoduo Temu selling?
The Temu website has 12 primary product categories in the home navigation bar, including Beauty & Wellness, Women’s Clothing, Home & Garden, Men’s Clothing, Shoes & Bags, Lingerie & Sleepwear, Baby Products, Pet Products, and more.
As reported in the article, A super platform 30% cheaper than Amazon is rising in the US, Temu is now investing in 21 product categories. So it is believed that the number of classes in Temu’s navigation will continue to grow shortly.
- New users will receive a 20% discount on their first order
- Free shipping on orders over $49
- Orders under $49 have $2.99 shipping
- Shipping time is 7-15 business days
- Free returns within 90 days of purchase
- PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, and other payment methods are supported
The most notable products on the Pinduoduo Temu platform
We noticed two special categories.
We took a look at some of the categories. In the case of children’s clothing, for example, most of it, including heavy winter clothing, sells for only about $5. When you look in order of price, the highest-priced children’s clothing is $7.45, and the lowest price is $3.46.
Why is PDD Temu so cheap? Because Pinduoduo uses a very unique supplier model:
- Chinese factories will submit product data to Pinduoduo and wait for review
- Pinduoduo reviews the product information and allows the approved factories to send samples
- Pinduoduo selects the lowest priced product among the samples of the same quality and determines the Temu cost price of a product
- Factory sends the products to Pinduoduo’s warehouse in Guangzhou, China
- Temu sets the selling price of the product and officially launches the product for sale
- Temu settles with the factory at the Temu cost price after the order is placed by the customer
Only the factory with the lowest price in China ends up working with Pinduoduo. PDD will work with the new factory and discard the previous partner as soon as a new factory can offer lower prices. We recommend you read another article we published a few days ago - Pinduoduo US (Temu) is 30% cheaper than Amazon, which describes Temu’s business model in detail.
Temu’s Product Form
Temu’s product form is like Pinterest, where you can swipe down to load an infinite number of new products. Temu offers a search box but believes that search is not the most critical shopping mode. It wants consumers to indulge in it, just like people indulge in TikTok. Only TikTok attracts people through short videos, while Temu attracts people through low-cost, high-quality products.
Temu’s product page is divided into two parts. Like other e-commerce platforms, the first part contains specific product information, such as pictures, prices, options, and additional information. The second part is a recommendation of other products on the platform, just as Amazon’s people who bought this product also purchased these products. But the difference between Temu and Amazon is that this list of recommendations is infinitely long. As soon as you scroll down, it keeps loading new products.
Overall, PDD’s vision is to be Costco and Disney all rolled into one - cheap, high-quality products and the joy of shopping. What do you think of Temu? Feel free to leave us a comment.