The 42Shops team has years of experience working remotely, and our members are spread across five cities in China. Still, we work closely together (team members are located in Beijing, Chengdu, Shijiazhuang, Shandong, and Guangdong, China). As such, we welcome creative professionals worldwide to join the 42Shops team as we work remotely to deliver exciting and valuable content to our consumers.
We believe in working far beyond the office (thanks to 37Singles / Basecamp for inspiring us). We will collaborate via tools like Email, Slack or Basecamp without sitting in an office. Please send your resume in plain text format to email@example.com. We will get back to you within two business days of receiving the email. Note that this page is for hiring team members; for influencers looking to collaborate, please click on Affiliate & Community.
What we expect from you
- Professional, we expect you to be very proficient and love your career;
- Originality, we require you to original output works. We respect intellectual property rights and do not want you to have any infringement. The tools, fonts, images, background music, and other materials you use should also be licensed or legally obtained - we will pay for purchases that are necessary for the work;
- Teamwork, we expect you to be a team player. Since our members are located in different cities, it is crucial to maintain efficient communication. You’ll need to have the ability to get things through the written word, all at once. It would be best if you also were good at managing time and keeping up with team members’ schedules.
- English is your native language, with a bachelor’s degree or higher education in the US, UK, or Canada;
- Graduate in journalism, media, marketing, etc.;
- More than three years of professional writing experience;
- At least 4 hours per week to work with us.
- We need you to create exciting and valuable content for our store blog consistently;
- You’ll need to research what consumers are interested in and what products we can offer and plan the content well;
- Content will be about plush toys, games, and anime peripheral products;
- Content will involve marketing emails, social networking communications for distribution;
- You may need to provide copywriting for the video producer;
- We will provide you with product materials, data, and other information to support your content creation.
- Passionate about video production, with more than two years of professional video production experience;
- Familiar with professional video production tools such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.;
- At least 4 hours per week to work with us;
- Bonus: Over 10k real followers on YouTube/TikTok.
- Shoot videos for products, 20-60 seconds each; we need your product videos to give consumers a quick and comprehensive understanding of the product attributes;
- Shoot videos for YouTube, between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length. YouTube videos are usually a combination of multiple products, and you need to tell a story that will attract consumers to watch and review;
- Shoot short videos for TikTok distribution, between 15-45 seconds in length. As with YouTube videos, you need to tell a story that will get consumers to watch and retweet;
- Optimize unboxing videos from our warehouse (about 2-3 unboxing videos per month) to reflect the details of our service truly.